[3830] ARRL 160 K9CT M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K9CT M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 13:39:28 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT K9ZO
Station: K9CT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 1425  Sections = 82  Countries = 25  Total Score = 324,531

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

It was not possible to do a serious SOHP effort this year so invited Ralph, K9ZO
to have some fun. He joined for the first night and I finished up the last
night. Not FT but fun regardless.

Condx seemed up and down as the absorption changed. Best EU signals were at our
sunset. Still good peak at EU SR but not as many coming through. It seemed like
the participation was down compared to previous years...too many sunspots?

We used two K3 tied to the same amplifier and TX antennas with a ACOM 2S1
commutator. Complete lock out, tx inhibit and works slick....we used a separate
rx antenna on the non-running radio. Unfortunately, both of us could only
operate a couple hours together to take advantage.

We had four hours over 100 qsos/hour and a couple near there. Best rate was
136...not quite the rate of K9W..hi. Fun nonetheless.

TX antennas... 5 element array and 180 foot dipole. The dipole presents over 20
db advantage on station within 200 miles! Quite often, we ran both through a
stackmatch. RX antenna was HiZ Circle 8 and a non-resonant dipole.

Thanks for the QSOs and fun!

73, Craig K9CT