[3830] ARRL 160 WD5COV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd5cov@vtc.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WD5COV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 03:47:19 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WD5COV
Operator(s): WD5COV
Station: WD5COV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 1175  Sections = 81  Countries = 21  Total Score = 270,300

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The contest began with good runs on a clear frequency. Before sundown I had
logged over 100 Q's. Then it became more difficult to hold the frequency but I
was determined not to move. Despite one east coast station moving right in on
top of me I held my ground. He finally moved on!

Between 0600Z and 0800Z I had plenty of calles from EU. Some good EU signals
were heard and worked. Thank you guys! The second night only produced one EU
contact and mult. Tnx Braco!

Conditions to Asia were fair. I missed working the China station as by the time
I stumbled upon his signal the sun was already rising here. He faded rapidly.

Its always a pleasure to work so many firends and hearing "GL Dave".
Working so many "Outlaws" is greatly appreciated and reminds me of
how great a contest club I am lucky to be a part of. Go Outlaws!!!

I wish everyone a happy holiday season and look forward to the next contest.

Equipment used:
Yaesu FT-1000MP
Alpha 77Dx
Ant 4 SQ