[3830] ARRL 160 W4GV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4gv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W4GV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 05:17:42 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W4GV
Operator(s): W4GV
Station: W4GV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 249  Sections = 61  Countries = 4  Total Score = 33,150

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First - thanks for the Q's.  Had a great time, altho it was only a part time
effort.  Had dates Friday and Saturday nights which ate into band open op time.
 Also getting older and a man has to sleep.

First ever 160M contest.  Before the contest I had 22 160M QSOs, most within
the last 2 months.  Now I have increased that an order of magnitude.  Was
surprised I was able to hear and work so many stations. New band, new contest -
surprises come with the territory.  Good to work so many FCG and ACG comrades.

Station - FTDX-9000D, Acom 1500, PalStar HF-Auto Tuner, microHam DigiKeyer II,
MapleLeaf Studio "QSO-KING" 160-6 meters 1.5 KW end fed 120 ft
antenna, Heil Pro Set Elite, WriteLog Vr 11.15A