[3830] ARRL 10 AB3CX SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ab3cx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 AB3CX SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 00:21:58 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: AB3CX
Operator(s): AB3CX
Station: AB3CX

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   CW: 1341   130
  SSB:  367   105
-------------------
Total: 1708   235  Total Score = 1,433,030

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

Another great set of contest conditions this season!  Although I would have
preferred to go 36 hours, time limited me to a somewhat limited effort, with
time out for some Christmas events and a party. The weekend started with frigid
conditions at my new contest QTH, and my prop pitch rotor frozen at 268 degrees
position; the run 10M yagi for EU of course was unaffected. So it looked like
EU and west coast were fine, but SA looked iffy. Finally, on Sunday afternoon,
the rotor became free again. I decided to go unassisted to stay out of the M/S
category with my limited hours. The EU run antenna, a fixed 7 element M2 yagi
on a 45 degree heading did great service for me, and things came out fairly
well even with no south heading until 5 hours before the end of the contest!
This is a really fun event, and another learning event for me.