[3830] ARRL 10 WR9D(KB9UWU) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb9uwu@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WR9D(KB9UWU) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 00:39:30 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WR9D
Operator(s): KB9UWU
Station: WR9D

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   CW: 1408   145
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1408   145  Total Score = 816,640

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Fun effort from work QTH.  Forced myself to operate cw only to keep learning and
improve my operating.  I was a phone only op in cycle 23, trying my best to
change that this time around!  A new noise source (street lamp) recently popped
up that thrashes s7 white noise all over 10m from 4:30pm-8am 2230-1400z.  I made
34 q's in this time.. all weekend! Luckily, once it got bright enough outside,
the noise floor would fall to S0 and I could enjoy the good conditions.
Saturday had fun rate almost all day with good prop to Europe to 1800z.  Sunday
was generally slow and the band closed to EU an hour earlier.  VU2BGS was the
best DX, calling around 1500z Sat.

K3 AL800H 5el at 45' armstrong rotor

Continent Summary, only 40 AS! (vs 100 in WWCW) I wonder if this is due to my
noise or condx/activity was different?
NA 670   47.6%
SA 56    4%
EU 619   44%