[3830] ARRL 10 WU2X SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc2pih@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WU2X SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 04:10:26 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WU2X
Operator(s): WU2X
Station: WU2X

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Hyde Park, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   CW:
  SSB: 1810   134
-------------------
Total: 1810   134  Total Score = 485,080

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

Rig: TS-950SDX / PowerSDR/IF / SO2V
Antenna: 2X Arrays 2XA-3B-17L @ 73 feet

This was my first time doing anything other than S01V and I was really happy
with the difference it made once my mind got used to it. It probably accounted
for ~20 mults and a couple hundred contacts.

It was also nice to finally get to operate one of my new antennas in a contest.
This is the most gain I've ever had on my own tower on 10 meters - this
particular Tribander has 7 elements on a 36 foot boom and produces 11.75 dBi of
gain. The higher gain and narrower front lobe means working the rotator more,
but being able to pull out the weak ones certainly makes it worth it. Worked
WB8YQJ on a handheld!

73,
Scott, WU2X