[3830] ARRL 10 WQ6X M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WQ6X M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 04:57:06 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X N6GEO
Station: WQ6X

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Alameda, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   CW:  361    81
  SSB:  359    73
-------------------
Total:  720   154  Total Score = 332,948

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was another WQ6X + N6GEO multi-OP from N6GEO's QTH in Brentwood
Ca. running a FLEX-1000 SDR radio thru a cascade of 4 amplifiers to deliver
140-w into a TH3-j3 7mh.  Friday N1MM and the FLEX-1000 had compatibility
problems so only 2-dozen contacts were made.  From time-to-time one of the
intermediate amps would become intermittent requiring the usual tap with a
screwdriver.  Otherwise, the station setup functioned quite well.

Overall, we managed a near-even split between SSB (359) and CW (361)
QSOs.  The band opened quite early both mornings meaning that WQ6X has to be
rousted out of bed before 7am - oh the sacrifices we make for contest events.
The A/K Indexes were amazing low making QRM our only real problem.
Because the N6GEO QTH is in a CC&R restricted neighborhood, by
00:30z, the TH3 and it's military mast were quietly gone.  Antenna?  Whut
antenna?  This was truly a fun event.  Who knows what the sunspot cycle will
be like in 2014, so it was good to operate this contest while we can.  Look
for us in 2014 with another surprise operation.