[3830] ARRL 10 VE1ZA SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, noahr@eastlink.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE1ZA SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:00:04 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Halifax
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

   CW:  332    75
  SSB:  801    98
-------------------
Total: 1133   173  Total Score = 506,890

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

WOW that was fun.

I did not plan to enter this contest, but when I start handing out a few mults,
the conditions were great.  I started running and I had the best run I ever had
with 350 Q's, and three more above 100 Q's.

I just wish I had been able to get through to W1SJ for VT.  He heard me on two
occasions but I must have faded out.

Most memorable set of Q's was on the Saturday, I worked a DL, then NY, WI, CA,
and ZL9 in that order.  Unfortunately no JA opening for me this time.

Worked the following Maritime Stations VA1MM, VE1CZ, VE9AA, VE9ML, VY2OX.
These guys had excellent perseverance in breaking through!!

Did not make it through to VE6, only one station heard.

Thanks to all the SD & ND stations who called in!

On the second day, the wind got hold of the yagi and took it for a spin.  I had
no rotor control on sunday, the 70-80 km/h wind would just push it where it may.
 Back up the tower again this spring.

This sure beats the 2010 contest with only 165 Qs in 9.5 hours!!

Thanks for all the Q's to all