[3830] ARRL 10 KT4ZB M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KT4ZB@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KT4ZB M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 18:04:20 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB AK4PI KW4B KK4MTO KK4MTP KK5MTQ KK4TXZ K4WP N4KKD W4JKG K4JJV
Station: KT4ZB

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Savannah
Operating Time (hrs): 26.5

   CW:
  SSB:  708   132
-------------------
Total:  708   132  Total Score = 186,912

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Want to have some pre-Christmas fun?  Well, put out a call for some ops and set
up a Multi-Single entry for the ARRL 10 meter contest.  Guaranteed fun!  Again
this year folks from the Coastal Amateur Radio Society in Savannah rallied
together to play on 10 meters.  This was a continuation of the training for new
operators similar to the contest at K4WP last year.  We had a few experienced
operators and some newbies.  The entry was SSB only and low power.

Operators this year included Bill, AK4PI, Kevin, KW4B, John, KK4MTO, Charles,
KK4MTP,  Franklin, KK5MTQ, Mark, KK4TXZ, Bill, K4WP, Chuck, N4KKD, Ken, W4JKG,
Jim, K4JJV and Jere, KT4ZB.  The ages range from 11 year old twins and a 13
year old brother to...oh, let's just say 70ish.  KW4B proved to be the
“man” and hopefully will join me in some serious contesting in the future.
The twins made contacts stateside and Brazil while their older brother closed
Saturday night with a contact to Australia.  Another new ham to HF, KK4TXZ,
listened and watched for a good two hours and then worked Canada, Australia and
Mexico. K4JJV worked into SA, Canada and stateside.  N4VVK added several Europe
stations plus a nifty contact to Turkey.  AF4PI who normally works QRP, sat in
during the SA opening and enjoyed a 100w and a beam pointing south. Good buddy,
K4WP, last years host, worked some Europe but mostly hung out and chatted with
the guys and visitors.  KT4ZB was on from  6:30 am to about 9 am both mornings
until the first morning ops came and added points with good runs to EU.

Conditions were very good here and we were early into Europe.  Catch of the
weekend was 4K6FO during a KT4ZB run on Sunday morning.  Best hour rate was
122.  It's always a thrill to work Japan from Southeast Georgia, and we had 3
different guys work a total of 24 JAs. Top country outside US was Germany with
60 contacts. Some of the better DX included C50XX, Gambia,, 4K6FO, Azerbaijan,
A61QQ, United Arab Emirates, EV1R, Belarus, GJ2A, Jersey, HZ1BW, Saudi Arabia,
OD5ZZ, Lebanon, TA3AO, Asiatic Turkey, RT0P, Asiatic Russia, V55V, Nambia and
ZS6EZ South Africa,

The 708 QSOs is a record for the station on 10 meters and a serious effort
would have topped 1,000.  Conditions and activity were top notch.  The
Caribbean is tough for us as the signals just shoot right over us into VA and
the Midwest on 10m. We ended up working 33 states, all Canada but NU, 8 Mexican
states and 81 different countries.  There's a big smile on my face as my
“boys” got some experience with both the radio and N1MM.  Thanks to the
contest committee for sponsoring the contest.  Only thing I'd like to change is
to break out the M/S to M/S SSB, M/S CW and M/S Mixed.

Merry Christmas and cu on the bands - Jere

Yaesu 1000MP Field, TH6-DXX, N1MM