[3830] ARRL 10 IQ9UI(@II9P) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 IQ9UI(@II9P) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 21:59:45 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: IQ9UI
Operator(s): I4UFH IK1HJS IT9AUG IT9CHU IT9CJC IT9EQO IT9GSF
Station: II9P

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW: 1400   158
  SSB:  823   173
-------------------
Total: 2223   331  Total Score = 2,396,440

Club:

Comments:

Nice contest (expecially to socialize with friends and to share experience) and
nice weather this year. The station at II9P (Arcibessi Contest Team) worked
very well except for a noise that gave us a lot of QRM during the first day. A
night session of Fox Hunting by IT9CJC and IT9GSF solved the problem and the
second day we were able to listen for very weak signals. The problem was that
the propagation the second day was not so good as in the first 24 hours. Our
guests operators, our old IG9A's friend Fabio, I4UFH, and our new, but not so
new, very good gentleman, Carlo, IK1HJS, were the key to be QRV with a lot of
energy during all 36 hours of operation. HJS, CJC and me (GSF) did the CW hard
job. UFH, AUG and EQO the SSB work (expecially in the shack during pauses
laughing, drinking and enjoying friendship :-) :-) :-).

----CONDITIONS-----

We used two Elecraft K3s with WinTest software. Antennas were phased Yagis to
NW (two), phased Yagis to NE (two) and a rotary Yagi plus a vertical for
listening that was raised over the sloping land about 300 meters from the TXing
antennas. Low noise and high dynamic preamplifiers used in conjunction with band
pass filters (stubs and X-Tal filters in the front end). Full digital interlock
between the two transmitters didn't allow to transmit at the same time in CW
and SSB.

We operated SSB in the best rate hours but only to get most of the multipliers.
We (to be continued)