[3830] ARRL 10 K0UK M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ukbrown@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K0UK M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 23:59:30 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK KB0QAA
Station: K0UK

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 16 hrs

   CW:  712   114
  SSB:  543    76
-------------------
Total: 1255   190  Total Score = 747,460

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

This was very interesting contest. Starting at the end of the contest. Writelog
did a hiccup and I lost my mults and couldnot set up a cabrillo file. AL9A Gary
and GW4BLE Steve help guide me to ADI file export and import to blank log which
cured the problem. Still not sure why the problem happened but thats above my
pay grade.
 Since I was doing the old fashioned multi single in which I used only one
transmitter I pulled the 2nd radio antennas to the StackMatch box and had
different combinations that I could select.
 It was very interesting to see the different angles of arrival and
transmission that happens on 10mtrs with the differnt tribanders at different
heights pointed approx. 45 degrees.
 I have 3 A4S on the 100 ft tower 30, 65 and 100 ft. OH by the way the upper
tribander doesnt work well on 10mtrs. Another project for the summer. I think
it has the same problem I had with the A4S at 65 ft. this fall.  But with temps
not getting over freezing here. Thats a summer time problem. That might be why
my 20mtr and 15mtr scores have been down.
 Any way with the the tribanders I could use somewhat pointed toward EU and
USA. It was interesting to switch back and forth on receive. At times the lower
A4S was better both transmit wise and receive to both EU and USA. It seems as
the opening gets better the lower antenna played better but it wasnt the rule.
 Same with a TH6DXX at 25 feet pointed to SA. I would put any one of the
antenna into a combo if needed. At times when SA and FL were coming in shooting
some single high angle in that direction helped.
 Basically the same type of combo for JA and VK-ZL but antennas are the little
A3S.
 Sure makes me want to put up bigger monobanders in the spring. Will see Hi.
 My view of the openings were basically the same as N0KE and his comments.
Getting on early netted some good dx. Had the rate meter on both phone and cw
over 200 for short periods of time. That was fun....
 Was not able to operate from about 1400Z till about 1800Z on Sunday due to
church obligations. Then off and on in the afternoon till the end..
 Thanks again to all the great GMCC ops and scores that the GMCC ops netted
from the contest.
 Got to run pick up the xyl from work.
 Thanks Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
 PTL God Bless
 bill K0UK