[3830] ARRL 10 W8AV SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W8AV SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 01:43:09 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 22:24

   CW: 1280   143
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1280   143  Total Score = 732,160

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Had to get into this one since it might be the last really good 10 meter contest
for this cycle (I too hope I am wrong on this).  Although family and job related
things prevented an all out effort from here (grandson #2 had his second
birthday on Saturday so I participated in a SKYPE conversation with him in the
late afternoon) and we attended a holiday party at the brewery I work part time
for during the last four hours of the contest on Sunday (yep, I succeeded in
flunking retirement), I had a ball!

Conditions to EU were excellent on both days.  Was hoping to work a healthy
pile of JA's on the first night but conditions were average to that part of the
world from this part of Ohio.  Missed the JA opening the second night due to the
above referenced brewery holiday party.

Thanks to everyone for all the QSO's. It was good to see 10 CW crowded with
signals all the way up to 28.200 MHz.  Mults that I heard but could not snag
were PUE in Mexico and 6Y5WJ.  Never heard DE for the last state and never
heard anything out of VO2 or VY1.  Thought there would also be more activity
out of deep Russia and Asia given the great conditions, but never found many of
them.

Hope to have another shot at good conditions on the band next year.

73..........de Goose, W8AV