[3830] ARRL 10 KC9EOQ SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc9eoq@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KC9EOQ SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 03:47:11 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KC9EOQ
Operator(s): KC9EOQ
Station: KC9EOQ

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

   CW:
  SSB:  198    33
-------------------
Total:  198    33  Total Score = 13,068

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This little pistol thought he did pretty good for 8 1/2 hrs of operation. I was
mostly S&P, there is a lot of band to move across! At some point I settled
on 28.428 for about an hour or so and Q's were steady. It was good practice for
me when more than one station called at once. This helped to improve my typing
and talking at the same time! Thanks to VK2GGC who heard me on the first call,
along with D4C and V55V. Thanks to Jack K9JE and KL7LT who called me while I
was running the frequency for a while. Most of my Q's were west of me. I bet I
talked to every ham in CA, WA,OR and AZ! Only one Florida call  was east of me.
Also had 5 Canada and 5 Mexico calls in the log. My setup is a Flex-3000, going
to a Cushcraft MA5B on a 35ft Rohn 25 tower. All Q's were at 100 watts. Thanks
to all who took my call and called me!