[3830] ARRL 10 W0AIH(NE9U) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne9u@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W0AIH(NE9U) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 05:39:07 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: W0AIH

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   CW: 1185     62
  SSB: 1127     63
-------------------
Total: 2312   2273  Total Score = 1,759,232

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Fun time as usual from "The Farm"

This has always been my favorite contest.  It combines the elements of NAQP,
CQWW DX and a VHF contest all in one weekend.  Plus both CW and SSB modes to
boot!  What more does a guy need! And depending on what propagation does, all
areas of the country have a legitimate chance at winning the thing!
Thanks to Paul for inviting me again!

Only one "Glitch"......The LPT port on the old DOS TRLOg computer
went out around 20:30 on Sunday right in the middle of my QSO with my W0AIH
Multi-Op cohort WA0RBW.  I bet Tom wondered why my signal started screeching at
him!  Unfortunately a little bit of down time to figure out what was
wrong.....ended up running the remaining of contest on phone when I had been
planning on finishing up with CW...probably hurt score a tad.

Still ended up breaking my old personal best from 2011 by about 100K points.  I
 was hoping for better, but even though the flux was about 20-30 points higher
than in 2011, the K index of 3-4 at times hurt us up here in northern
Wisconsin.  The runs to Europe and JA just weren't very deep.  I was a 10 meter
op at The Farm for CQWW SSB, and conditions were much better that weekend.

Reviewing past results I was surprised to find most of my multiplier totals
were very similar to 2011's totals.  The top 5 both years was California, JA,
DL, WA, and FL.  Minnesota moved up from 7th to 6th place (76 qso's).

The one multiplier that really seems to taken a hit was ZL, dropping from 26
qso's in 2011 to 6 in 2013.  I have no idea why as the ones i worked had good
signals and i had a beam pointed that way all weekend.  (Paul has lotsa beams)
:-)  If there was an award for it, I think I would have won "Most
California stations worked on a Rhombic"  :-)  ...The Africa Rhombic on
reverse is a killer antenna to the west!

When the contest was completed, Paul and I had a blast watching The Packers
come from behind to beat the Cowboys!  I'll be at snowy Lambeau next Sunday!!!
Might come down to that final game vs. Da Bears!

Thanks to Paul and Mary for again being wonderful hosts!!  See everyone next
time from The Farm in the ARRL DX's.  I'm gonna have more free time this
winter, so I hope to put in some serious NAQP efforts from home, and of course
mobile in the MNQP, WIQP, and MIQP's!!!

73

Scott  NE9U