[3830] IronHam W1UE(@K1LZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IronHam W1UE(@K1LZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 12:00:02 +0000
                    World Wide Iron Ham Contest

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: K1LZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ma
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:    4      1       0        3         0          0
   40:   68     48       4       16         6          0
   20:   95     74      41       23         1         20
   15:   72    165      13       45        43         13
   10:    9      7       2        0         3          1
Total:  248    295      60       87        53         34  Total Score = 104,043

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Total Score was hand-calculated per the contest rules.

Ironman Contest is aptly named.  It takes an iron will- and an iron butt- to
sit there through several 6-10 QSO/Hr hours.  Finally got bored chasing RAEM
stations to get a few QSOs- there were no WWIH stations on that I hadn't
already worked- and went to bed about midnight local time.  Didn't even make it
through European sunrise.  Did work some nice DX, but most of it will be gone in
the log checking.

I like the concept of this contest, but it seriously lacks participation.
There just weren't enough ops doing it to make me want to stay at the radio.
On top of that, the log checking requirements are a little severe- while my
"total score" was a little over 100K, I expect that the log checking-
removing all Qs and mults that either didn't turn in a log or don't appear in 3
submitted logs- will leave me with 5-10% of that amount.

A long day at the radio, contesting and DXing, is still better than a short day
siting at home watching TV!  After a nap, I should be up and ready for the
Patriots football game this afternoon.

Thanks to all for the Qs, and a big thanks to Krassy K1LZ for the use of his
station.

Dennis W1UE