[3830] TBDC W4MJA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4MJA@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W4MJA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 16:24:18 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4MJA
Operator(s): W4MJA
Station: W4MJA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM73
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 120  Total Score = 574

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Sure had a blast, even if things didn't go exactly as planned. Several dumb
mistakes were made as normal, and I took about 25 minutes for dinner starting a
little after 01:00 UTC. Murphy hit around 03:00 - two connections on the 160
antenna that are designed to come loose in high winds (to avoid antenna damage)
came loose right in the middle of the contest - with no wind. Ran outside in the
pouring rain to fix it, got back in the shack, worked about 5 Q's and it
happened again. Worked about 10 more Q's on my 80M inverted vee (great on 80,
poor on 160) and decided to call it a night.
As usual, I think I worked every ham in FM19. Signals were strong, and the TX
antenna performed better than normal on RX. See you in the NAQP's - will be
SO2R.

FT-1000MP w/Inrad, 75' Heavily top loaded Vertical/ 80M Inverted Vee, Homebrew
K9AY