[3830] TBDC K8MFO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mfo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K8MFO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 20:54:33 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN-90
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 250  Total Score = 1,029

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

Spent 7 totally enjoyable low key hours searching and pouncing on Top Band.
Thought of operating from my barn with a Johnson Ranger and Collins 75A-4. but
at 15 degrees Farenheit, better judgement came into play and I operated high
power from the house.     In the interest of doing "something Stew",
I used a 1941 McElroy Stream Speed bug, the crown jewel of Ted McElroy's key
manufacturing days.  It was made in Boston, and I have a feeling that Stew and
Ted were old friends.    Not one station hesitated to respond to my
non-computerized CW, a testimony to the skillful ops that populate the
Gentleman's Band.

In my travels across the band I managed 30 QSOs of 10 plus points, and quite a
few on the West Coast.  Good fun.   Thanks to all of you for a relaxing round
of CW with some fine operators.

Elecraft K-3, Ameritron AL-1200.   Still using the TEMMPORARY inverted vee that
I put up in 1988 when I moved to this location!

Happy New Year from Amish Ohio.

Don K8MFO