[3830] TBDC KL7RA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC KL7RA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 23:47:09 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 144  Total Score = 1,232

Club:

Comments:

Station ready for the Big Stew when I left for a holiday week but returned to
find my main receive antenna to the USA was now silent. I can hear a pin drop
with this Beverage to W1 land and not having it took the wind out of me for a
full blast effort. TDR indicates the failure is next to the transformer but
that is a long distance away trying to walk through 3 feet of snow. I'm about
1/3 of the way there breaking trail.

Band was quiet enough for this Stew to hear well enough on the Vertical or SAL
going east but I know I was missing some weak east coast stations this year.
The East coast sunrise burst of 11 pointers didn't really happen but that may
be on my end. Mostly I went up the band working anyone I could hear and only
missed CE1 this year who had a big snarl of callers at the time.

I did get a JA run but nothing really big this year. Using the xmit 142 foot
series fed vertical for receive which I never usually do I can report there are

a lot of topband stations that pound into Kenai, Alaska for hours at S9+.

W7EW, K7RAT, N6RO, N2IC, WS7L, K6SRZ, K2PO, W7RN, K6NV and K7MI were loud every
time I tuned by them. Many others as well of course but I just made notes of the
ones that hit 20 over as I passed through in S/P.

73 Rich KL7RA