[3830] RAC Winter VE6RAC(@VE6JY) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE6RAC(@VE6JY) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 00:59:06 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE6RAC
Operator(s): VE5MX VE6WQ VE6WAP VE6BF VE6LDX VE6TR VE6TCK VA6MA VE6JY VA6DX
Station: VE6JY

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Ab
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   173     43      7         5
   80:   284    230     11        11
   40:   507    485     12        12
   20:   622    968     11        12
   15:   483    691     11        12
   10:   306    576      9         8
    6:     1      6      1         1
    2:     1     20      1         1
Total:  2377   3019     63        62  Total Score = 2,899,250

Club:

Comments:

Blizzard conditions on the Friday afternoon made travel poor and prevented some
from attending, so we were somewhat understaffed for keeping 10 stations on the
air all the time.

Good conditions. Not as many eastern stations on the low bands, due in part,
I'm sure to the ice storm related issues. 10m really surprised me - I was
hoping for ONE decent hour on 10m but it opened early at 1530 and lasted to
past 2200. Thank you! Earlier when 15 opened around 1400 (also very early) that
was likely a sign. But one should never assume anything about 10m, esp this far
north....

Our second highest score ever, almost as many qso's (99 less) but 400k less
points means less VE 10 pointers. Out of 5396 Q's, 3912 were USA and DX. Any
VY0's? - not in our log. Maybe next year.... We likely could have used a wet
noodle to make all our 16 band QSO's with neighbour VE6SV. Some more distant 12
banders: WB0TEV, KA6BIM, VE3MIS, N2KW; followed by lots of 11 and 10 band
contacts as well.  VA6DX's young sons returned this year to help our 6 and 2
meter scores greatly.

Equipment and antennas all behaved well, computers (esp networking issues) gave
me problems during the evening but got them cleared up in the wee hours before
the rate picked up in the morning.

Best wishes to all in 2014.

Don
VE6JY