[3830] RTTY Roundup KO7AA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ko7ss@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KO7AA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 16:05:27 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 2

------------
   80:    0
   40:   31
   20:   86
   15:   66
   10:   68
------------
Total:  251  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 8  Total Score = 13,052

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I thought this would be a fun contest with the new (A) category and several
skimmers out there. But right at the start, I realized all the spots were based
on FSK frequencies, and my set up is OMNI VII / Ten Tec 712 soundcard/USB
adapter and N1MM, which runs on AFSK / LSB. Even though I had tried and failed
in the past to set up FSK, I spent another 2 hours and couldn't get it. Then
when I tried to go back to the soundcard/USB adapter, that didn't work. Some
box unchecked, somewhere in the countless windows filled with meaningless
jibberish to an appliance operator like me. End of contest! It's 70 F and sunny
outside, time to go for a bike ride and wait for the next CW contest :)

73, Bill in Tucson, AZ