[3830] RTTY Roundup W0LSD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, diverken@chaffee.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W0LSD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:35:50 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD
Station: W0LSD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  261
   40:  366
   20:  548
   15:  551
   10:  316
------------
Total: 2042  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 60  Total Score = 240,956

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Well that was interesting! As many have commented, the solar numbers pointed to
a hot time on 10, never really developed and the band sure closed early on
Sunday, considering the flux was above 200! Overall good conditions. Had good
runs, with the rate meter well over 100 for long periods. Set my goal at 2,000
Qs and as usual an hour before the contest the panic begins. 10 was gone and I
had seemed to cleanup 15/20, so wound up on 40.  That is where I S&Pd my
way to 2,042 Qs. Might have bagged it a bit early on Sat. night, but thought
with the solar numbers the high bands might open earlier than normal. In the
West, we always have a late start to EU and this was no exception. 80 and 40
were still hot when I began the rest period. Other than that, no regrets. Most
significant "non-event" was no visit from "Murphy", no
equipment/software failures. Thanks to all for the Qs.