[3830] RTTY Roundup K1SD SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jms_k1sd@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K1SD SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:43:21 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K1SD
Operator(s): K1SD
Station: K1SD

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Rhode Island
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
   80:  129
   40:  193
   20:  302
   15:  200
   10:  191
------------
Total: 1015  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 61  Total Score = 118,755

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

I finally put a station back together to try and challenge the SOLP RI Section
record I set from my previous QTH in 2000.  51,900 points, 519 QSOs, 100 mults
(yeah, I know, but it's been there for 14 years!)  This time with the one radio
plus packet.  I passed 500 Qs early Sunday morning.  Everything after that was,
as we would say in south Louisiana, lagniappe.

Good DX worked thanks to packet spots: VK3TDX, ZS6WN, TK5AE.  Never could bust
the pile up on ZL1BYZ.  So, he calls in during a 10 meter run Saturday
afternoon!

Last states need were RI(!) and MS.  Good friend Ken K3IU calls in for RI
Sunday morning in the beginning of a long 10 meter run.  The sudden jump of the
SFI to 215 was a surprise and I really expected more of 10 than I got.  W5ETZ
calls in on 15 Sunday afternoon from my old home state of MS.  Never saw a hint
of DC.

The station performed as designed.  I used MMTTY and 2Tone windows on the main
screen and a second 2Tone on the K3 SubRx when needed (rarely).  Many times
during the weekend MMTTY was the better decoder for long periods.  And later,
2Tone was was making solid copy with nothing but garbage on MMTTY.

Great fun.

     73 James K1SD

Elecraft K3
SkyHawk @ 70'; A4S @ 42' fixed at 40 deg; SM-03. Inverted Vs on 40 and 80.