[3830] NAQP CW W4MJA M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4MJA@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4MJA M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 06:51:58 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W4MJA
Operator(s): W4MJA WK4U
Station: W4MJA

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   37    22
   80:  149    32
   40:   76    26
   20:   75    29
   15:    8     7
   10:   13     3
-------------------
Total:  358   119  Total Score = 42,602

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Finally made the venture into SO2R and am not disappointed. Today was the first,
"run" of all the SO2R gear, and there's a list of things I want to
change/fix. All in all though, I was pleased with how everything handled.
However, on an operator stand point, I probably butchered more than a few Q's.
Thank you for every one's patience.

Mentioned to WK4U earlier in the week that I'd be running SO2R for the first
time, and allowed him to come observe. He ended up helping more than I
anticipated - note the Multi Op classification. We both learned plenty and had
a great time.

Noise seemed to be at an all time high today. Thunderstorms that hit the QTH a
few hours prior to the contest is the most likely culprit. Noise on 40M was
bad, but seemed to disappear after the band went long. Noise on 80M never
seemed to disappear, causing for a lot of needed fills on relatively strong
stations. Mixed into the equation was serious operator fatigue which also
caused for a lot of needed fills. Again, thanks for hanging in there.

Will be on for SSB next weekend then back off to college the following Monday.

(2) FT-1000MP, (2) Nye Viking MB-V-A, DXDoubler, N1MM.