[3830] NAQP CW W2EG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W2EG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 14:24:30 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W2EG
Operator(s): W2EG
Station: W2EG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ENY
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:  182    39
   40:   82    31
   20:  153    41
   15:  113    30
   10:   23    13
-------------------
Total:  553   154  Total Score = 85,162

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Team: El Jefe's Pistolitas

Comments:

Goal was to break 100K; didn't make it. Started out on 15 -- condx pretty good.
Then went to 10, where things were just good enough to tease me into spending
too much time there: the rate was just too low. Then to 20 where condx were
good, though things slowed as the afternoon wore on to dusk. 40, my favorite
band, was a dissappointment: okay (if a bit noisy) early, but then nada. Made
my way to 80, where the QRN reached S8 at peaks. My K3's NR (usually great)
didn't help much, but using the narrowest roofing filter helped a lot. Hit some
good runs, especially in my last hour, but could not recover from earlier lulls.
Guess the hard reality is that I miss my yagis 40 thru 10 meters. Tnx for the
Q's, and the good time, and tnx for your patience on 80, working through the
QRN!