[3830] NAQP SSB W4GV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4GV@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W4GV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 05:00:37 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W4GV
Operator(s): W4GV
Station: W4GV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:  147    37
   40:  277    41
   20:   92    36
   15:  145    33
   10:   64    16
-------------------
Total:  725   163  Total Score = 118,175

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: ACG #1

Comments:

I was surprised when I compared this year's score to last year.  Thought it
would be better but it wasn't.  Had same number of mults but 50 less QSOs.  The
higher bands just weren't as productive in the early going and I probably should
have moved down in freq earlier.  Never got to 160 but rates on 80 and 40 were
so high that I decided to go w/ rate instead of some sure mults - bad decision?
 My 160M capabilities aren't that hot.
Only took one break during entire contest for 31 minutes.  When the rate is
rolling, it's easier to keep the BIC. Will be interesting to see other's
comments on band conditions and participation.
My thanks to all for the Qs.

Station - FTDX-9000D, Mosley Pro-67B@40 @ ft, 80 M dipole at 60 ft, MFJ Model
MFJ-434 Voice Keyer, Heil Pro Set Elite, PalStar HF-Auto antenna tuner, WiteLog
Ver 11.15A