[3830] NAQP SSB W4IX(@W4OC) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jrcccd@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W4IX(@W4OC) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 06:32:07 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4OC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   68    27
   80:  310    41
   40:  386    50
   20:  287    49
   15:   95    29
   10:   27    13
-------------------
Total: 1173   209  Total Score = 245,157

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #1

Comments:

First I want to thank Don, W4OC, for giving me the opportunity to command his
awesome station for this contest. This was my first ever SO2R operation also.
Everything worked flawless but there was a S7-8 noise level from a very close
by high power lines due to the dry air we have had for the past couple of days.
Don gave me the choice before we started to operate or go back and operate from
my home station, I decided to stick it out. The noise definitely had an impact
on the overall score, as many stations were not heard on the high bands due to
the noise. Surprise was VE8GER calling in on 20 meters and then moving to 15
and 10 for me and completing the 3 band sweep, thanks. I noticed as the night
went on, the low bands got worse and 160 was pretty crappy from 0400 on.
Definitely should have taken off times later but who knew. Thanks for all the
Q's. 73's