[3830] NAQP SSB KN3A(@K3IR) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KN3A(@K3IR) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 14:44:07 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KN3A
Operator(s): KN3A
Station: K3IR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  63     26
   80:   0      0
   40:   2      2
   20:   8      8
   15:  10      5
   10:   3      3
-------------------
Total:  86     42  Total Score = 3,612

Club:

Team:

Comments:

My first NAQP from K3IR.org club station. Came up to the hill to operate the VHF
contest. Not a lot going on for my contesting taste, so decided to check out
NAQP even without my .wav files to save my voice. The rig here is a Yaesu
FT-950. I'm not used to the Yaesu since I've been using a Kenwood TS 450 for so
many years. The antennas are ground mounted trap verticals for 10-80. However,
the 160 meter Inverted V worked much nicer on 10 meters and I worked WH7Z with
it. I went up to 160 meters and really got to test this 160 meter Inv. V. It
performed very well, although the furthest west was to Colorado. Band
conditions up until 1:00 a.m. (eastern) weren't all that good unfortunately. I
even stepped out of my element and was calling CQ and had a very nice run
going, from 0400-0422Z I worked 33 QSOs. I normally don't run during a contest
because at home at 11:00 at night the XYL would have fits :)

Thanks for listening for me, and thanks to the K3IR S.P.A.R.C. group for
allowing me to operate from the club station. I had a good time in the tin can
hamshack on top of the hill. It was much more confortable once I brought in a
second space heater since it was about 20F outside and high winds. NAQP is one
of my favorite contests because nobody is over 100 watts.

73 Scott
KN3A