[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KN3A(@K3IR) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, scolit@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF KN3A(@K3IR) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:35:46 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  56     15  Total Score = 825

Club:

Comments:

First VHF contest from the K3IR.org club site in FN10. No 6 meter openings while
operating and worked strictly a radius of about 250 to 300 miles at the maximum.
Equipment: 6 Meters: Yaesu FT-950 and 2 meters: my old Kenwood TR-9130 that
still has great audio. The 2 meter beam was mounted on the club site tower,
however winter came a bit earlier than expected so I was surprised that the 160
meter Inverted V did so well and tuned up nicely. Next contest we will have a 6
meter beam ready to go. It was very cold in the tin can operating station, but
two space heaters made the difference. Hope to work and see more people in the
June VHF contest.

73 Scott
KN3A