[3830] NAQP SSB K9YC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K9YC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 19:21:05 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 9:15
Radios: SO2R

  160:   11     5
   80:   87    32
   40:   50    27
   20:  131    42
   15:   99    31
   10:  142    30
-------------------
Total:  520   167  Total Score = 86,840

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

What a tough slog. Lousy conditions, not enough stations to work. Two NE mults
came from W1AW/0, and each operator used his own name in the exchange. Let's
hope I don't lose one to log checking. For about the last 2 1/2 hours, a KP4
was the only signal on 40M, a solid S9, often stronger. I called him MANY times
(thanks to the low activity there wasn't much else to do), never heard the guys
working him, nearly all east and gulf coast. Never did manage to work him.
Ditto for VE4GV on the higher bands -- he was fairly loud, but obviously
beaming east, and I never got through.

I worked this one with one eye on the 6M QSO map, planning to take time off if
the band opened. As usual for 6M, there were some openings for other parts of
the country, but only a brief opening here, and to grids I didn't need.

Thanks to K6GHA who called me on every band but 160, I have the CA mult on all
bands.

73, Jim K9YC