[3830] NAQP SSB K4BAI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4BAI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 21:51:47 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:24

  160:   17    12
   80:  181    34
   40:  169    43
   20:  335    45
   15:   72    27
   10:   39    14
-------------------
Total:  813   175  Total Score = 142,275

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee, tee vertical.  Knew I would have
to be QRT for around two hours to attend a family dinner.  Turned out to be
almost three hours.  Was QRT from 2316Z until 0153Z.  Probably missed some good
running time on 40M and was late getting to 80 and 160.  Had power line noise
again, which made high band backscatter contacts difficult.  Only such QSO was
on 15M with KW8N.  15 and 10 were much worse than last weekend for the CW
contest.  20M was OK to most of the country, but poor to the west coast when I
went QRT.  20M was dead when I returned. Was pleased that 40M wasn't too long.
I had spent some time there before dinner and picked up the close in mults.  The
low bands were quiet, but signals from the west coast were weak to non-existent,
which is unusual for January.  Other reports suggest that 160M had been good
earlier, but by the time I got there, it was quite poor except for the one
"DX" QSO with Pedro, NP4A.  Farthest west station heard was K0RH in
CO with a good signal, but he couldn't hear anyone who was calling him, and
most of the east coast stations I was hearing tried calling from time to time.
Did work TX on 160.  Thanks for all QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.