[3830] CQ160 CW N8XX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N8XX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 06:08:36 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 80  State/Prov = 28  Countries = 0  Total Score = 5,423

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Tough going.  Sn*w, sn*w, and blowing sn*w prevented experimentation with a
vertical antenna, and/or raising the inverted vee to 40 feet as used last year
for 160 M contests.  Started out "reasonably", with 32 contacts in
the first 56 minutes, but things went downhill from there.  Band was noisy
early part of the test, but quieted down considerably later on.

Heard PJ2T, and 6Y3A, but they couldn't pull me through.

Thanks to all who dug me out of the mud.