[3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 19:33:03 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 274  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 4  Total Score = 33,642

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

100 watts to a W8AMZ 160M reduced half sloper, about 66' long at 37' apex
sloping down to about 4' off the ground.

Heard some EU DX but not enough "oomph" to get my signal heard
anywhere over there! Did work some Caribbean though. Kv4FZ was booming in at
the time. NP4A was the next strongest, and ZF2KE and 6Y3M were also loud but
not quite as strong. All four DX stations got my report the first time, which
surprised me. Good ears out there on the other end!!

Missed 5 states for WAS, ME, WA, ND, AK, and HI. I did run across a KH6 early
Sunday morning just after midnight local, but could never get the complete
call. Lots of fast deep qsb. Never heard any of the other 4 states I missed.

I focused on searching out the weak signals, hoping for some new DX. All
S&P with new DX count and WAS the mission. Had fun as always.

73 Gene, N9TF