[3830] CQ160 CW DR1A Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW DR1A Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 23:09:04 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DR1A
Operator(s): DL3DXX DL6FBL
Station: DR1A

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: JO31CQ
Operating Time (hrs): 36

Total:  QSOs = 1539  State/Prov = 43  Countries = 82  Total Score = 1,091,250

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Generally propagation was not very nice this time. While W/VE seemed OK right at
the beginning of the contest, signals went down during the night and never
really came back. Second night to W/VE was also very difficult. Signals picked
up around 1-2 hours before our sunrise, but the band was never really open.
Westernmost states NM (WD5COV), AZ (N7GP) and UT (WF4U) were all worked in the
first night with marginal signals... We have a total of 267 W/VEs in the log -
but compare this to the about 450 in the recent years. Here are all the missing
QSOs and points...

The last hours on Sunday night were much better with some 30 JAs and NH0Z,
XV2E, VK6DXI. XW8BM was good to hear but the pileup was unruly. Also heard a 9M
but never got his call.

At DR1A we will do some hardware projects this year. Later in October most of
our team is going down-under again: we'll head for VK9L for a typical 2-3 weeks
expedition which will include the CQWW SSB 2014.

73 Ben
DL6FBL
http://www.dr1a.com