[3830] CQ160 CW PA3GVI Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pa3gvi@hetnet.nl
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW PA3GVI Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 08:39:09 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: PA3GVI
Operator(s): PA3GVI
Station: PA3GVI

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 617  State/Prov = 8  Countries = 59  Total Score = 225,330

Club:

Comments:

Transceiver: Elecraft K3
Amplifier: ZZ-750
Antenna: 90 foot vertical

First night conditions where not good towards the US...just a couple could be
logged. Carribean however produced good signals, PJ2T, 6Y3M, KV4FZ, ZF2KE.
Nice runs with EU stations till 0830z. Returned saturday late afternoon...the
rate going up till a big storm hit the country.
When having aabreak I checked SWR and it turned out to be very bad.
Looked outside the shack and saw the vertical had collapsed, tip stood in the
ground(see: www.sitekreator.com/pa3gvi    -> weblog 2014). This was the end
of the contest for me...returned sunday to clear the site ...3 sections where
bend heavily...glad we have spare parts,hi.