[3830] CQ160 CW VP2V/K3LR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3lr@k3lr.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VP2V/K3LR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:29:17 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VP2V/K3LR
Operator(s): K3LR
Station: VP2V/K3LR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Tortola, BVI
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 200  State/Prov = 43  Countries = 13  Total Score = 30,072

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I was fortunate to time my latest trip to VP2V (I have been going there since
1993) so it lined up with a major 160 meter contest (my forth one). I was
helping a local broadcast station with some RF projects. Got permission to use
(for about one hour each night) their 300 foot vertical when the station signed
off for the day. Thanks to K9VV, K6VVA and VP2VQ for their help making this
happen. Great to work many MRRC and NCC members - giving guys a new DX
multiplier. Sorry I was very RX challenged (deaf) - as listening on a 5/8
wavelength 160 meter vertical is pretty hard with all the nearby static and
storms.