[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB/M LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 12:29:45 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 31

Call: N3BB/M
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.4

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  17     12
   20:   2      1
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  19     13  Total Score = 247

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Parked immediately outside the Texas Governor's Mansion in bull's eye downtown
Austin and operated on my way home from German class. Half expected Rick Perry
to come out with a pistol and check out the strange car, but he and Texas'
finest left me alone. One would think a black sedan with a large whip antenna
on the rear, parked in a "no parking" space, would be checked out.

Was surprised how loud N6RO and N6ZFO were on 20 meters, but they were the only
thing above the noise. On 40, it was crazy, and I would wait on a frequency
until the loud guys finally worked each other and I could get through to the
"last guy" on there. Huge signals from all over, with clear signs of
both NS regulars and some NA Spring peeps getting ready.

Will miss the NA Sprint. The station still is in bad shape from the lightning
damage, and I have no antennas on 20. To avoid "Sprint withdrawal
pangs," my wife and I will be over in College Station touring the GHWB #41
Presidential Library at Texas A&M, along with two of my high school
classmates from the class of 1960 back in West Virginia. GL to everyone
Saturday night.