[3830] BC QSO VE7JKZ Single OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VE7JKZ@telus.net
Subject: [3830] BC QSO VE7JKZ Single OpCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 16:20:38 +0000
                    British Columbia QSO Party

Call: VE7JKZ
Operator(s): VE7JKZ
Station: VE7JKZ

Class: Single OpCW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
Total:  130     0       0       85         0         0  Total Score = 44,240

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Log to be amended for VE7ODX contact.
Not a good start to the contest. 40m CW was hopeless because of what
SOAPBOX: sounded like an OTHR (over the horizon radar) pulsing away, whilst 40

SOAPBOX: SSB (approx 7230) was a mass of BC AM sigs. Radio Australia was so
SOAPBOX: strong on 7240 that I almost spent my time listening to that instead
SOAPBOX: of BCQP! Then the FOC crowd was having a contest on 20 and 15.
SOAPBOX: Eventually I got going, CW only. In the afternoon the sprint started
SOAPBOX: and that made things even more challenging. Even so it was an
SOAPBOX: enjoyable few hours before a social committment from 1600 onwards
SOAPBOX: meant I lost the opportunity for 40 and 80. Ah well, there's always
SOAPBOX: next year.