[3830] RTTY WPX AF6GA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX AF6GA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 22:27:35 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AF6GA
Operator(s): AF6GA
Station: AF6GA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Cupertino, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
   80:
   40:   14
   20:   65
   15:  420
   10:   17
------------

Club:

Comments:

This was a lot of fun and great conditions and activity, well at least for the
first 28hrs, other events took me away from the last 20hrs.  Well that and
reaching my personal goal/best of 500 qs made me happy enough...

15m was a bit chaotic on saturday morning with a lot of stations, probably
unaware, on top of one another around 80-90, but the fun spread up to 130.  The
highlights were getting 12 ATNOs - yep when you're only at 95 it's easy to make
big jumps.  Apologies to GU0SUP for mistaking his call as GU8, after reading
these summaries you'd think the call would stand out - thank you for being one
of the new ones.

Tried 10m and didn't hear much.  20m was a bit of a struggle, but was surprised
that despite the quieter signal strength people were hearing me on 20 vs 15.
Probably due to less qrm.  Alternated between S&P and running, particularly
in the local PM when JA opens up, the points helped.

Before the contest I read up about N1MM - ESM and managed to finally get the
"send leading zeros in serial number" setup.  I knew this was going
to be a busy contest so wanted to step up my game from just using the digital
window MMTTY macros to the function keys and ESM.  A few tests into a dummy
load made me realize the standard macros needed tweaking.  I now realize the
reason why some people send the running station's call so much is that is how
the default function keys are set up.  So there was some editing required to
avoid this faux pas.

Thanks for the qsos.

73!

K3/100, P3, AT2K - 68ft doublet sloper @ 40f
N1MM, MMTTY/2Tone, W3YY FSK i/f, signalink.