[3830] RTTY WPX K4VV M/U HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0yr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K4VV M/U HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 00:47:29 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K4VV
Operator(s): W3UL K3WI K3TN W4TMO W0YR
Station: K4VV

Class: M/U HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 39
Remote Operation

------------
   80:  117
   40:  532
   20:  574
   15:  717
   10:  426
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a hybrid operation with both ROs (Remote Operators) and ISOs (In-shack
Operators).  W3UL and W0YR operated both from the K4VV shack and from their
homes.  K3WI, K3TN and W4TMO operated remotely. For many hours during the
contest the three remote-capable positions were all being used.  One or two
brief periods of Internet slowdowns but overall, in the words of K3WI,
"Wonderful."

Many thanks to W5ODJ, N4PD and AI1V for their many hours of work on TeamK4VV's
IT needs. And thanks to our Internet Audio guru, Chuck-AA0HW for leading to
low-latency, high-fidelity heights in our audio link.  Our remote ops heard
marvelous audio.

Only screw ups were when a keyboard at POS1 developed a sticky key.  New
keyboard quickly installed.  One of the Big Bertha control boxes blew a fuse
for no apparent reason.  Replaced fuse and no further problems.

Big thanks from TeamK4VV to our host, Jack Hammett-K4VV.  Jack's super station
packs a wallop.

Thanks for all the Qs.

(We are now ready to begin looking for operators from all continents who are
accomplished contesters, N1MM-literate, team players and willing to honor
operating commitments of up to six to eight hours of contest operation.

Contact Mike - W0YR for details at  w0yr @ arrl.net)