[3830] RTTY WPX VC7J(@VE7UF) M/U HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX VC7J(@VE7UF) M/U HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 00:52:23 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VC7J
Operator(s): VE7FO IZ7FMM VE7JH VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/U HP
QTH: IOTA NA36 COMOX
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
   80:  264
   40:  604
   20:  847
   15: 1008
   10:  654
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was glad to have Alex, IZ7FMM, join us for the first time.  We only had 4
operators for this one.  With conditions better than last year we were looking
forward to much better results than last year's M/2 effort. 10 was much better
than last year. However the low bands were much worse than last year and
loosing twice as many points than we gained on 10 per Q caused our results to
lag our expectations, but still beet last year's results by a small margin. A
number of small things went wrong.  We were short 2 operators to start with.  I
had an hour appointment at the contest start.  2 receivers went to dual-watch
for some time before we noticed it, easy to do with RTTY audio.  The end part
of a headset phone plug broke off in the phone jack of the 20 PRO3 that left it
rx audio free until I managed to get around it.  One of the newly 3cx800A7 tube
modified Alpha 76 amps overheated and blow a fuse while I was away. The
computer we used on the 80 station did not receive nearly as well as the others
did which caused us to ask for many nr repeats, sorry.

Fortunately all the problems can be easily corrected in time for the next
contest. Our thanks go to all that called .

73, Duane VE7UF