[3830] ARRLDX CW DH8BQA SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dh8bqa@necg.de
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW DH8BQA SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 22:48:54 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: DH8BQA
Operator(s): DH8BQA
Station: DH8BQA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: JO73ce
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  517    55
-------------------
Total:  508    55  Total Score = 83,820

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Icom IC-7100, Elecraft KPA500 + small 4 ele Yagi @ 8 m height

I had planned to go the 700 km to our QTH to participate in ARRLDX-CW this
year. Due to QRL on Monday I could not take the day off to drive back so I had
to cancel my plans.

Nevertheless I wanted to hand out a few points so was QRV with my small remote
station setup (which is completely separated from the rest of the station to
avoid trouble with local usage by other OPs). What can I say? Conditions were
quite nice on Saturday. So my plan of doing maybe 50 QSOs each day had to be
revisited. ;-) Concentrated on Saturday to work as many states as possible so
almost all day just S&P'ing. Finished with just missing DC, DE, KY, OR, WY.
I had heard OR & WY already but pileups were too big to spend much time
there. Caught DE & KY on Sunday but due to Aurora condx were much worse on
Sunday so never heard any OR & WY again. Also never ran across a DC, was
there nobody QRV on 10 m this time? Besides this I sometimes felt like
participating in the Maryland QSO Party ... man there are so many of you! ;-)

Band opened 11.15z on Saturday here with VY2ZM & VE9AA, the usual suspects.
;-) Closed around 19z after a nice hour running mid-west and west coast
stations. Sunday was distinctly worse with 12:30z opening and 18z closing and
no west coast at all, i.e. California. Just two very weak WA and a few likewise
weak AZ stations. Concentrated a bit more on running on Sunday just for the fun
of it.

So after all some fun time and about five times as much as I originally wanted
to do. ;-) Well, it's all about using and enjoying 10 m as long as it still
lasts!

Will be at the big station for ARRLDX-SSB in two weeks, let's keep fingers
crossed for condx to return! See you ...

73, Olli - DH8BQA