[3830] ARRLDX CW NQ4I(VE7ZO) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7zo@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NQ4I(VE7ZO) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 01:56:41 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): VE7ZO
Station: NQ4I

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 32
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1962   115
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1962   115  Total Score = 676,890

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

With the NQ4I station not entered in the MM category this year, I was able to
activate a single band entry on 15M while station owner Rick played on 10M.
Fortunately the recent ice storms in the Atlanta area did not damage the 15M
antennas although both the 40M run and mult antennas are now in need of repair.

Saturday had better band conditions than Sunday but the highlight was the
extended opening on Saturday night into Asia.  Amongst the JA's and BA's were
XV's, YB's, JT's, HS's, 9V, XW0 and a bunch of other rare stuff.  The opening
moved to UN and then worked a DF2 before it closed.  Thought the multiplier
would be higher as a result of that opening but ended up missing out on
normally easier mults that never made it into the log.

Rick and XYL Georgann were gracious, accommodating hosts as always which made
for a fun weekend.