[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3JM M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3jm@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE3JM M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 02:11:30 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3JM
Operator(s): VE3CX VE3KI VE3AAQ VE3JM
Station: VE3JM

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   70    48
   80:  463    83
   40:  977   102
   20: 1433   113
   15: 1345   119
   10: 1000   109
-------------------
Total: 5288   574  Total Score = 9,097,326

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

We are dedicating this operation to Don VE3RM, who has become a silent key.

Since Don's funeral was Saturday morning and three out of four operators were
going to the funeral, I was not certain if we should have operated at all. We
have decided to operate since we thought that is what Don would have wanted us
to do.

We had only one station on the air for more than six hours Saturday morning, so
we missed some prime time on high bands.

This time we had Tom VE3CX, who travelled all the way from Thunder Bay to
experience the conditions from Eastern Ontario. It seems that Tom enjoyed
operating from here. While high bands were very good, the numbers on 160 and 80
were way down compared to last year.

It was an emotional weekend, but I am glad we decided to honour our friend Don
by getting on the air.

Vlad VE3JM