[3830] ARRLDX CW YN2NC(AA4NC) SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4nc@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW YN2NC(AA4NC) SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 02:25:25 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: YN2NC
Operator(s): AA4NC
Station: YN2N

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Nicaragua
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 4540   331  Total Score = 4,508,220

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Nice to get away from the snow and ice back home to enjoy some warm weather and
play radio in Central America. Except for customs problems that shouldn't have
been in Managua, the trip has been excellent. Enjoying the hospitality of
Octavio, YN2N and his wife, Martha. She is trying to fatten me up with her
great cooking.

Conditions were almost too good for the contest. When the bands are this good,
Central America and and the Caribbean are not the greatest location because
everyone in the states is beaming Europe well into the hours of darkness. It
was hard as a low power op to find a run frequency on 10 and 15m, with a wall
of signals over 100 Khz wide on each band. Nevertheless, it was a lot of fun
and I didn't kill myself from lack of sleep. Got over 4 hours each night, so it
was a semi-serious effort I guess. The station played well except for 160 where
the low horizontal dipole ran out of horsepower and I missed some easy mults
because I wasn't heard well in the midwest and west.

73 and thanks for the Qs,

Will YN2NC/AA4NC