[3830] ARRLDX CW N4KG SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4KG SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 06:00:11 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   14    14
   80:  101    57
   40:  169    82
   20:  268    93
   15:  338   105
   10:  316   107
-------------------
Total: 1206   458  Total Score = 1,657,458

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

In the 2013 CQ WW CW I worked to maximize my multipliers resulting in the
highest country multiplier I have ever achieved (586?) but noticed a great
reduction in my multi-band contacts due to focusing almost exclusively on the
N1MM "available multipliers box".

In this contest, I mixed my focus between the N1MM Band Map and Available
Multiplier Box resulting in contacts with 50 stations on all 5 bands from 80
through 10 meters with my best hour producing 85 contacts by the
'point-and-click' method.

That's sort of fun at the time BUT, I have less of a 'feel' for who is where
and a definite loss of satisfaction from finding the mults on my own.

My guess is that the Single Operators in the unassisted category get the
greatest feeling of accomplishment.  I'm still sorting out how I want to play
this game with the N1MM Logging Program and declining capability to push as
hard as I used to along with a definite need to get away from the chair (and
radio) to 'recharge my batteries' as I enter my 6th Sunspot Cycle of DXing and
Contesting.  I'm still recuperating from this contest and it's Wednesday!

Tom N4KG in North Alabama