[3830] ARRLDX CW HA7GN SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ha7gn@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW HA7GN SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 10:55:38 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: HA7GN
Operator(s): HA7GN
Station: HA7GN

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Matraszentimre
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1343    58
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1343    58  Total Score = 233,682

Club:

Comments:

This was the 4th ARRL CW round from the Matra mountains with very good band
conditions this time. Both Saturday and Sunday nights were productive (with
s7-9 signals) and nice additions at sunrise. No 3kW needed as some people
think, but good antennas and patience to wait till US turned their antennas
back towards Europe.
Rates were quite slow at normal daytime due to the 10/15m traffic. Got
frustrated by QRM-ers and people who started to call CQ without asking QRL,
explaining for how long they've been using the freq..while I spent the entire
day on that same QRG.
The result is my personal best; but still plenty of room to improve.
Congratulations to OH8L and 9A2NA for their excellent scores.

Equipment:
FT2000 with AC0C filter upgrade
OM2500A
KT36XA(M2) + 4L monobander @ 812m ASL