[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3VZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE3VZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 21:10:50 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE3VZ
Operator(s): VE3VZ
Station: VE3VZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 243  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 6  Total Score = 58,250

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Had many problems as usual. I had been trying to repair my antenna that went
down with the ice earlier storm. Then I had to use the snow blower for a path
to the antenna as it was too difficult to walk to the back. The snow was 1 to
1-1/2 ft deep. Then I had to adjust the antenna length. I got that done and
turned the rig on to try it. I heard all these guys " cq contest". I
had forgotten is started at 2200, not at 2400 Z . So I tried to test the
antenna, it was ok. So I went and had supper. I came back to notice how noisy
the band was. Terible.Then my ham neighbor( who owns the band ) complained I
was bothering him,"to move" ! I was only running low power, he was
max power. So I gave up at 10:30 local. I came back the next night to find it a
lot better. Quiet, but still could not be heard very well. . So I kept on going
and had some fun. Thanks to those who did hear me and I worked.