[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE9AA SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE9AA SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 00:02:47 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 20:04

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1678   113
-------------------
Total: 1678   113  Total Score = 567,486

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

<CLICK>
(Light bulb goes on)
Huh, what is it?
It's time to get up sir.
Huh...(groggy) what?
It's time for you to catch a plane to the Orient.
Why Jeeves?
Your speaking engagement sir.  Your around the world tour to raise money.
Remind me what I am speaking about this year Jeeves.
Why sir, you are speaking about that classic Bo Derek movie.
Oh right, well better get me the airport Jeeves.
(Jeeves drives Mike to the Airport in a MINI COOPER)
Mike frantically searches for flights to Tokyo and finally gives up and having
missed them
goes into the Tiki lounge for a beverage.  There he stumbles into some large
Hawaiins
looking for flights to North America and he visited with a guy who claimed to
be Rich from Alaska,  who at least had
his passport but didn't look or sound like him at all.  He was able to collect
1000 each from the big Hawaiins and Rich in
Alaska, but otherwise the collection plate was looking a bit bare.  How will
the ARRL ever accept this amount from the November Bravo group?
After that it was time to go back home and sleep.  Mike had missed his flight
to Tokyo and there were no more flights
until the morning.
(fade to black)
Mike wake up !
Jeeves, is that you?
Yes Mike, you are going to miss your flight to Europe. They are expecting you
to speak there today.
(groggy). Huh, isn't that over?
No sir, it's a 48hr around the world tour.  You are expected to speak in many
countries today.
I better get some coffee in me Jeeves.
Already looked after sir (hands him a mug of the best cup of warm brewed beans
available)
Lets get at it Jeeves.
He boards a plane for Europe.
While there here speaks to many groups.  Some rich, some not so. He collects
1500 from one benefactor
however a good portion were only able to donate 5.  There was actually one kind
soul who gave his last 1/2 (amazing!)
Then it was off on a whirlwind tour of Africa and down into the Carribean
before nightfall.
It was a long ways between engagements since leaving Europe and the voice was
wavering somewhat, however there
were some healthy contributions of 1000 each from some of the more wealthy
groups with big aluminum money clips.
Could I stay awake long enough to fly to New Zealand, Australia and try Asia
one more time?
It was not to be.  Once I got to Guam, Dave said his hellos and donated a
thousand, but I didn't have it in me to continue.
Jeeves said, Mike you need a bigger plane if you are going to reach Asia in
time.
I know Jeeves (looks down) but you know I am trying to raise as much as I can
for the donation to the ARRL.
It's perhaps my last chance to speak about the movie "10" before we
have to move onto other interests.
Sir, you know you have to keep going.  The MCC finance consortium is counting
on your participation to raise money and the rest of them
are speaking on a variety of subjects.  You are the Bo Derek expert and so you
must make a good speech to raise funds.
Jeeves, I know, but a second day in Europe will be difficult.  I have already
spoken to all the wealthy folks with big aluminum money
clips and they gave me 1000, 100 and even 50. How can I be expected to collect
funds from those with very little?
Sir, they will donate.  Your speech just has to be invigorating.
Jeeves, I am trying. I had some folks at my speech talking on FM walkie-talkies
and other times I think they were playing their
TV real loud and attempting to stop me from talking.
Jeeves says: Sir that's all part of the game.  Others want to collect more
donations than you. THey will try to disrupt your speech.
It's the way it is.   When that happens, sometimes it's better to leave the
auditorium and go looking in separate rooms for individual
donations one at a time.  Knock on doors if you have to.  STand in line if you
think it's a rare currency that could be worth donating
to the cause.  I'd like to donate currencies from at least 100 countries this
time around Jeeves.  Last time I brought in a lot of money
but missed the mark by 1 type of currency.
Jeeves says: Mike, beware the counterfitters !  We've seen some guys try to put
fake amounts in the tray and the ARRL does not
acecpt them, like the TW555 station that will no doubt be a Bo Derek fan.
There are others too who put no donations in, but will
sneak into your talks you are giving and sit and heckle, with beeps, burps and
other disgusting noises.  You must learn to ignore this
lot and carry on in your collection of funds.
Good advice Jeeves. I think I am done in Europe now. I want to fly to the
Caribbean again and see if there are any Islands I might
have missed yesterday. SOme people were away at the beach and weren't able to
listen to my speech. Maybe today? And remind me to catch the red-eye
flight to Toyko too Jeeves as I have not seen anyone carrying Japanese currency
yet.
Jeeves, you are the best., I just had some supper and walked all around Japan
and even China.  Remind me to give you a raise !
Now pass me my pencil and paper. I have to tally up all these donations and
hand them over to the ARRL.
73 de Mike VE9AA IC7410, ~500w, 5el yagi @ 24', N1MM, CM-500 headset.