[3830] ARRLDX SSB K2PI SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K2PI SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 00:46:21 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2PI
Operator(s): K2PI
Station: K2PI

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Warrenton, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:    2     2
   40:   11     9
   20:   31    30
   15:   50    38
   10:  114    65
-------------------
Total:  208   144  Total Score = 89,856

Club:

Comments:

FT-817ND, ZS6BKW dipole @40FT, Ground mounted Vertical, and Inverted L @50 FT.

Took the K3 and Amp offline for this run, a bit of practice for VAQP later in
the month.  I'd forgotten how satisfying working QRP was and how amazing it
could be.  While I am sure many monster stations did the work on many of my
QSO's (and were extremely patient with my weak signal) I also worked quite a
few with low power and wire antennas themselves.  I especially liked the dozen
or so times when I managed to break a fair sized pileup with a call or two.
That was a heady feeling.

I will never get over the miracle of HF operation, inducing a tiny amount of
voltage into some other persons antenna from 7,000 miles away, and having them
respond to that.

Thanks to everyone who listened hard for me through the huge amount of
activity.

73,
Harv
K2PI