[3830] ARRLDX SSB K4VV M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ww0yrr@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K4VV M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:10:55 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4VV
Operator(s): W3UL K3TN AI1V W0YR
Station: K4VV

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Remote Operation

  160:    3     3
   80:   21    17
   40:  212    64
   20:  429    97
   15:  766    99
   10:  827   104
-------------------
Total: 2258   384  Total Score = 2,601,216

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Because of a serious, impending storm and a crippling problem with the Internet,
our best-laid.vast plans, ended up being only half-vast.

Bill-W3UL and Mike-W0YR operated both as ROs (remote operator) and ISOs (In
Shack Operator) during periods the Internet connection was useful.

Astounding and sometimes, very odd conditions on 10 and 15, but then, everyone
experienced this.

Contest Sponsors might consider issuing an advisory to US ops about operating
LSB on 7.125 MHz.  Many US ops think since the band ends at 7125 and their xcvr
dial reads "7125" that they are still in the band.  LZ4# sat on 7.125
for hours, luring the ignorant into illegality.  Here's grist for those who
deny that Amateur Radio has been dumbed down in some respects.  And, Oh! the
arguments!  Tsk, tsk!  Clearly, US stations whose logs show operation on 7.125
MHz, LSB should see those QSOs deleted and penalities applied.
On 20 meters, US stations were operating with seeming impunity on 14.248 and
14.249, USB!  Those fancy SDR recordings can bear this out.

Nice to hear so many QRP operations.  Must say those ops are indefatigable and
have excellent technique!

Thanks for the QSOs.  We could use some help in shoveling snow.